Translate

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

11.16.14 Less about Me and More about Him


Bountiful Blessings

November 16, 2014

Good morning, my friends. Forget me? Aww, not that easy you don’t…. I pop up when you least expect it. But you are correct. It has been a little while. I have been off my game. I thought that I had tapped out all my thoughts, that I was repeating myself and losing the message. I thought it was a time for a break, both for me and for you (See how thoughtful I amJ). Oh, I would get an idea and think ooohhh, I could write about that and then later, poof, nothing. What I realized this weekend was that I was doing a lot of thinking and not enough praying. It was all about what I thought. Well, lets be honest, who really cares what I think? Those little ideas that kept popping into my head were subtle suggestions, God leading me to the topic that needed to be shared or to be heard. And what did I do? Oh yes, I ignored them and pushed them to the back. Not one of my finer moments.

And that is exactly what I want to talk about. Less about me and more about him. I don’t know about you but I am terrible about the whole “me” thing. For example, I have an internship coming up next year and the logistics of it have been worrying me to death. Why? Has he not always taken care of me? Has he not always steered me right? So why am I so worried? Because I am making it all about me.  Another example, I was wrapping Christmas presents this weekend (Yes, I like to start early. Finished with the shopping. Whoop. Whoop), and I got all worked up about getting the trees and decorations down from storage (After going to the Legacy League Christmas Home Tour, I decided that I was going to put up multiple trees. If you have not been on the tour, I say go, go, go. Absolutely breathtaking). I was hustling around, panicking a little about time getting away from me. Then I realized that I am missing the whole point of the season. When I get hung up on decorations, wrapping or shopping, I am missing the “Jesus is the reason for the season”. What is wrong with me??!! Oohh, oohh, call on me, I know the answer. I was focusing all the attention on me. What was the message? Oh yea, less about me and more about him.

I resolved this weekend to consciously place God first in every decision. Instead of simply think before you act or think before you speak, I am going to try pray before you act/speak. If I make God the center of my world, instead of myself, imagine the infinite possibilities. (Myself, really? I still don’t understand what I was thinking).

So I plead with you, my friends, do not fall into this trap. I didn’t do so intentionally; I knew better. If you had asked me, I would have said that God was number one in my life. I didn’t even realize that I was doing it! Please pay attention and turn your focus on the one who truly matters. Less about me and more about him.

(On a totally unrelated topic, I wanted to give you an update on our Christmas card campaign. Over 1400 cards were sent to soldiers serving overseas and being treated in our military hospitals. The toiletry drive for 3 Hots and a Cot (local organization to help homeless veterans get back on their feet) is also going very well. Between the two drives, it has been amazing. I am so happy to be part of such loving care and concern. Thank you!)

Bible verse for the week:

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. Colossians 3:2
You are in my thoughts and my prayers! So until we talk again…

  

Bible fun for the week:


 

Picture for the week:

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment