Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

1.4.16 Leaving my Samford home

Bountiful Blessings

January 4, 2016
            Hello my friends. I hope that you had a lovely Christmas and New Year! Today I share some news with you that is … exciting, terrifying, nail biting and filled with anticipation. It is with deepest regrets that I have resigned from my position at Samford. Over ten years. That is a lot of time to meet wonderful students and make valuable friends. Lots of experiences and memories that I treasure and hold close to my heart. Very difficult decision for me. Yet, I have spent an abundance of time in prayer, and God has spoken to me - take my hand, I have a new direction, a new path for you to follow.
            Where is this path headed to? I am leaving my Samford home to perform an internship to complete my grad school requirements. Come this May, I will have a Master’s in Counseling. Yea! Once again, exciting, terrifying, nail biting and filled with anticipation. I have absolutely no idea what the future holds for me. We cannot always see what God has planned for us but it is clear that he does indeed have plans for each and every one of us. “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
            I will be honest. This path has not been easy. I have thrown obstacles in my way over and over. I truly hate leaving Samford. It’s a great place to work. I love the interaction with students and faculty/staff. Ive had the pleasure of meeting incoming freshmen and their parents for many, many years. The excitement and joy on their faces as they arrive for id cards. And the plethora of opportunities to offer a comforting smile or a kind word to upperclassmen as they come to file a police report. Add on the generosity of fellow employees in the Christmas card campaign (over 3200 cards!!!) as well as previous can drives for the homeless and $1 drives for building wells in impoverished countries. God has blessed me to put so many wonderful people in my life.
So why did I balk when he told me that he had a new plan for me? Oh, I pleaded not to leave. Then I jumped on the worry train about my internship. Really? Unemployed for 4 months? Well, technically I will have a full time job; I just won’t get paid. But as I worried, he continued to reassure me. I kept hearing “do you trust me?” While I would promptly answer “yes”, I was still throwing in a “but”. Realistically, the only but in the situation was me. I was truly acting like one. So I took a deep breath and turned it over to him. Then I stepped off the ledge. One decision. One piece of paper. And poof, life changed.
So that’s where I am. A soon to be former Samford employee. My connection will be Samford alum and Legacy League member. It’s a good thing. God will take care of me as I embark on my journey. But my Samford friends, I will miss you. Conversations, emails, phone calls and Bountiful Blessings. Your friendship means so much to me. God puts people in our lives at different times and for different reasons. I am thankful that you were put in mine. For my other friends, don’t despair. You cannot get rid of me that easy. ; )                                                   Love y’all! Terri
Bible Verse for the week:
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6:25-27
Bible Fun for the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment