Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

4.27.14 Losing a loved one .....


Bountiful Blessings

 

April 27th, 2014

 

Good morning! Its Terri. Yea, it has been a while…. Mmm, I cut it back to every other week because I was concerned that I was circling back to the same topics and everyone would quit reading. Then I was out of my zone and next thing I knew it had been a month and well, we will just leave it there. L But I am back! And sadly, with a vengeance. For I have the fever again racing through my veins. I just want to talk and talk and talk. Haha. I am just messing with you. Its all good.

 

I was talking with a friend the other day who has a family member who is in poor health. Her pain was radiating from her. I considered words of comfort but there is little to say that relieves the pain. We try. Our hearts are in the right place but grief is something each of us experience. It is unique to us and a very powerful emotion. It is hard to imagine getting past it but we do. We talked a little. Our heads take comfort in the knowledge that loved ones have a place prepared just for them, a place so wonderful that we cannot even imagine. But our hearts? Well, frankly they do not understand. We cry “why” and want a little more time. But how much is enough time? We know that with life comes physical death. We know this. But that does not mean that we do not fight it tooth and nail. For ourselves and our loved ones. For you see, it is not death we fear, it is the loss of someone we love. Our hearts are so full of love that we cannot imagine a day without them. For those times when something pops in your mind to tell them and you pick up the phone. For those times when you see something that reminds you of them. For those times when you need a hug, a shoulder or someone to laugh with. Even for those quiet times when you just like knowing that they are in the other room. Yep, special times with special people. I have written down passwords and accounts. I have written down funeral ideas. All these things to prepare my family in the event of my passing. But what I cannot write down is how to go on without me. Yes, I am aware that sounds a little conceited. But to my family, I am loved and I will be missed. Part of me anxiously awaits the day that I meet my Savior face to face. But that other part of me… well, it puts on the brakes and says, lets talk this out a little. For I am selfish. I want to have every minute of every day with my family. I want to hold them close and never let them go. But you know what? God forgives me for my selfishness.. He understands and when I do lose someone, he is right there with me. Wrapping his arms around me, comforting me, stroking my head, telling me that it is ok, he is with them and with me, and the greatest blessing of all is knowing that one day we will be together again. Now, I may have returned from my hiatus with a little depressing thought for the week (or month depends on how often you get this) but that is not my intention. My intention was, well, I am not sure what it was, but I know it wasn’t to make you sad. I guess that I want you to look at it this way…. Physical death comes to us all. There is no escaping. Yes, it hurts. It breaks our hearts into millions of tiny pieces. But don’t you think that grieving is a blessing in itself? For God had the choice. He could have made us without emotions, without love. But instead, we were blessed with the gift of love. There is no other feeling like it, is there???

 

Bible Verse for the week:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13


Bible Fun for the week:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment