Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1.28.14 Snowpocalypse in Birmingham, Alabama!

I just want to say a couple of words about my day. Haha. I know. I know. You are tired of reading about the snow and such. Well, I have been at Samford for give or take ummm.... fifteen hours now. Sounds terrible, doesnt it? To be stuck at work during snow. No snowball fights, no snow angels. Man, so not fair. But... I am truly blessed. I am surrounded by wonderful people. Kind, generous, fun people. We were offered free dinner and cots by Samford. It became a big adventure. Groups gathered for popcorn and movies. Someone just offered up insulin for a fellow stranded employee. One employee left campus today, only to break down, get picked up by another employee and was offered a dry, warm bed for the night. I am safe and warm. My family is safe and warm. Thank you, God, for the many blessings in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment