Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

8.17.14 Angels in All Forms


Bountiful Blessings

 
August 17, 2014

Hello. Hello. Hello. And how are you on this fine morning? I am awesome. Yesterday, Jim went fishing with friends for the afternoon/evening. I got to spend the whole night doing whatever I wanted. I was like Macauley Culkin at the beginning of Home Alone. Whoop Whoop. I could do anything that I wanted. So…. I took a bubble bath and read a book. I ate a bag of chips and drank some koolaid and read a book. I put on my jamjams at, like, seven o’clock and read a book. I ate some cheese and crackers and drank some coffee and read a book. I crawled into the bed and read a book. Yep, by the time Jim got home, I had read five books and had a little kid stomach ache. Totally awesome night. Now what does this have to do with this newsletter. Nothing really. Just wanted to make you a little jealous of my weekend.
J Haha. I am (sorta) teasing. It was something I read that got me here.

In one of the books, they talked about angels. The perception of them. White flowing gowns with golden hair, halos and wings. Is that how you see them? To be honest, I had not given it a lot of thought. Every picture that I have seen portrays them as such. But what do I actually think?  So I turned to the source. No, not the internet. I looked in the Bible. One verse that I found talked about seraphim. Six wings, huh? Isaiah 6:2 – “Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly”.  Nope, not exactly my vision. Gonna have to give this some time to process. Do I believe angels exist? Oh absolutely. I believe that there are heavenly angels. I believe that there are earthly angels. And I believe that God uses humans as “angels”. Ok, so I may have cloudied the waters. Imagine that. Lets go to that scary place… Terri’s mind. I have been known to sleep through my alarm but something would jar me awake right at the last minute before I am actually late. Earthly angel. (Yes, may seem petty but God cares about the small things in our lives as well, and who I am to question what he had planned for my day?) Last week I was having an absolutely horrible, terrible day. I got on facebook and there were several encouraging Biblical posts from friends. Just what I needed when I needed it. Humans as “angels”. And the Heavenly angels? What a wonderful blessing it would be to see one. One day when I reach my new home, then I will know. My eyes will see, my ears will hear and my mind will conceive the beauty that God has created for me (1 Cor 2:9 paraphrase). Until then, I guess that I am going to stick with the beautiful image of halos and wings. I know. I know. The six wings are Biblical (but c’mon, admit it. The image is a little terrifying).

So my thought to leave you with this week is all about angels. I am not asking you to change your perception or even form a perception. I am asking you to open your eyes to the possibilities. Earthly angels, Heavenly angels, Human angels, it doesn’t matter what you call them. What matters is that you believe. You could be someone’s angel…..

Open your heart to the Lord. Today he may use YOU as an angel to bless someone or lift someone up.

Bible Verse for the week:

Hebrews 13:2 - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Song for the week:

Oh I believe there are, angels among us. Sent down to us, from somewhere up above. They come to you and me, in our darkest hours. To show us how to live, to teach us how to give. To guide us with the light of love. – Alabama, Angels Among Us

Picture for the week:




Bible Fun for the week:

A
O
H
E
A
V
E
N
H
Y
G
N
F
S
E
R
A
H
I
M
O
J
G
B
V
U
D
Q
Z
I
L
C
R
E
O
S
I
R
H
C
D
R
A
W
L
I
F
E
A
H
E
E
C
I
F
S
J
D
L
A
N
E
E
N
Y
L
O
H
O
E
S
D
O
G
A
B
R
I
E
L

 Word search: how many words can you find? (hint – there are 14 total)

 Have a wonderful week, my friends!  Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment