Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5.19.14 Live life to the fullest


Bountiful Blessings

May 19th, 2014

 Good morning and a happy, happy day to you, my friends. Nice to sit down and take a break to write this. Been a busy weekend. Attended Honor Night at Eastern Star for one of our members. He was appointed a special position with the state. (Yea, Brother Jim!) And then today is Eastern Star’s club meeting where we eat, we visit and we win small prizes. It is all a lot of fun and I have met some great people! But like everyone else, that is only the tip of the iceberg. I have work (full-time). I have family (full-time). I have school (feels like full-time). I have Staff Advisory Council, Eastern Star and Legacy League. And of course, my Bountiful Blessings. J And then last week, Summer and I were asked to co-chair the newsletter committee for Samford’s Legacy League and edit the newsletter. (Yea, us!!!) And of course, throw in some time for sleeping, eating and reading, and I am about tapped out.

But, and there is always a but, I love it! I know that my abundance of activities mean that I live a blessed life. I have so, so much to be thankful for in my life. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed (usually school) and I feel grumpy or stressed. It is during this time more than ever that I have to take a minute to ask myself, “ok, Terri, what do you want to give up? What are you willing to let go of?” And I realize, none of it. I have been honored to work with the Staff Advisory council. I am so proud to be part of such wonderful charitable groups such as Eastern Star and Legacy League. I wouldn’t trade a moment of time with my family and well, as much as I whine, I go to school because I really enjoy it. Living is more than just waking up in the morning. Living is more than just getting by. Living is about…. living. Only you know what enriches your life, what gives you the greatest satisfaction, what makes you – you. Are you a Mason? A golfer? A fisherman? A musician? A mentor?  An advocate? Active in charity? Active in your church?

Take a moment to think about it. Most of you will think of children or grandchildren first (Elliott, Zahara, Dessi and Noah, Sage and Serenity, Skyla and Emma, Cole and Chloe, Shawn and Eric….) but lets take a look at that second thought. Haha, In my family, Dad loves to fish. Mom loves to shop and watch old westerns. My brother loves to sleep. Hey. To each his own. It’s a choice. God gave us free will. He gave us choices. But he also wants us to live. He doesn’t want us to waste our choices on simply existing. Ok, maybe that was a little fussy. Let me rephrase. God wants you to live your life to the fullest, to embrace the gift that he has bestowed upon you. For we are blessed. Not just me. Its just sometimes it is hard to see. Hardships get in the way and we get lost trying to go around. Instead, try taking God’s hand and walking with him through the hardships. He can navigate those murky waters and bring you to the other side. And oh, the riches you will find there.

 So one final reminder – go out today and live.

Bible Verse for the week:

James 4:14

Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

 Bible Fun for the week:

 

 


1. When Elijah commanded fire to come down from heaven and consume 50 men on one occasion, and another band of 50 men came to overtake him, he called fire down upon them as well. Why were the next 50 men spared the same fate, according to 2 Kings 1:10-16?
there was no reason for God to respond a third time
they overwhelmed Elijah and took him captive
the captain in charge begged Elijah for mercy
a great army approached and Elijah fled
2. When Elisha and Elijah traveled together, just prior to Elijah being taken up to heaven in a fiery chariot led by fiery horses, what promise did Elisha manage to extract from Elijah?

(2 Kings 2:1-14)
that Elijah would bless his entire family
that Elisha would receive a double portion of Elijah's spirit
that Elisha could expect 200 talents of gold
that Elijah would send the same chariot for him later
3. The very first recorded miracle performed by Elisha involved a container filled with salt, as seen in 2 Kings 2:19-22. What did he do with this salt?
he preserved some beef with it
he threw it into a spring of water
he turned it into a rod
he provided it to a man who later became king
4. Both Elijah and Elisha raised people from the dead.
True
False
5. When pigs fly... When monkeys learn to sew... When iron floats...

Wait a minute!
Iron DID float one time when Elisha was around.
What did he do that caused an iron object to float to the surface of the Jordan River?

(2 Kings 6:-1-7)
he threw a stick in the water
he found a raft and put the iron on it
he mumbled some secret words to God
he poured vinegar into the river

 

No comments:

Post a Comment