Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

5.31.13 Suicide .... we love you and are praying for you!

Losing a loved one to a death by his or her own hand has got to be one of the hardest losses. Did I miss something? Was there something I could have done? Could it have been prevented if I had paid more attention? Spent more time with them? Talked to them? It is NOT your fault. People often suffer in silence. We do not know everything that is going on in a person's life or in a person's head. Asking why is natural but you may never get an answer. The pain/the depression has simply become more than they can bear. They have lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. Sadly, statistics reveal that for every 100,000 people in Alabama - eleven commit suicide. In the past month, two of my loved ones have lost someone to suicide. Today I ask you to tell a loved one that you love them. Offer a hug to a friend. Give a smile to a stranger. We never know what is going on with people. We do not walk in their shoes. But for a second, we can share love, spread a little sunshine to someone's day. And to my friends? I love you and I am praying for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment