Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

10.18.12 Sending love and Christmas wishes to our soldiers!

Good morning, everyone. I would like to ask your support for Operation Christmas Cards. Last year, the Samford community and friends graciously assisted me in a drive to send Christmas cards to the troops. We mailed off over 500 cards! Isn’t that awesome??!!

After such success, I would like to try it again. I will buy the cards and send them to anyone who might be interested in signing a card or two. Just let me know, ok?

The deadline for the cards is November 25th in Massachusetts so….. I would like to have all the cards no later than November 12th. That gives us about a month to distribute, sign and return. Sound like a plan?

Thank you for all of your help!

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." Charles Dickens

If you would prefer to send the cards directly to the organization, it can be found online at Operation Christmas Cards.

1 comment:

  1. Update on Christmas card campaign - Have now received 205 cards! Isnt that awesome? And people are still asking for cards.... Thank you to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete